Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update on my progress...

Hello boys, I thought it was high time I write you again. Here's what's going on.


1. I finally have good internet access. Actually, better than yours - I can get online in the taxi, at restaurants etc because of my little dongle. It's a little wireless device that allows me to be online no matter where I am. Boo-yeah.

2. I got a headset - so we can actually talk to each other. Please get skype, because I miss all your melodic voices (natch).

3. I'm going up to Bangkok this weekend, on a visa-run (when you have to leave the country, so you're forced to take a little R&R). I'll be buying samples of jewelry etc to photograph and sell for discoverati.com.

4. I have another project I want your help with. I'll outline it in another posting to you boys. It's called gayakarta.com - I want it to be Indonesia's leading place to look for local hotels, restaurants, clubs, bars, etc... Because there isn't a good place yet, the market is BLEEDING for it!

5. I finally feel like I'm starting to belong. I have a good set of friends in different spheres, and I'm constantly meeting new ones everyday. =) But that doesn't mean I don't miss you boys like crazy.


Alright - back to work. I have to get the office boy to make me some tea. I have a special pot and everything. =)

Much love,
Riani

1 comment:

Andrew said...

So here are my thoughts...

1. Yay!
2. Double yay!
3. Jealous, though we need to talk about some lessons I'm learning in my importing class...
4. Gayakarta - can I get a rough translation? Sounds like a good idea - you mean ala CitySearch here? Or more like a clubbing/nightlife site? Expat/Upperclass-centric (i.e. in English) or for everyone?
5. Congrats on finding a support network - it's the toughest thing. I wouldn't be comfortable doing what you're doing - drop everything and relocate...

We miss ya over here... Best of luck!