Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kuala and Bali Count?

Hi boys,
in these last two weeks I've:
  • Gone to Kuala Lumpur to hang out with some girlfriends. This has been good for my soul because it let me recharge and be around strong women entrepreneurs. It's given me the energy to push me again to start my online boutique.
  • Gone to Bali for the weekend. This was good because I met a lot of locals in the area, and some that own villas there but live in Jakarta. I'm sure that if worse comes to worse, I can go work for one of these guys. In Bali. Not too bad me thinks.
So really, I've just been playing tourist. But having a great time doing it. I have however:

  • Scrapped my old provider for my boutique. I found a better one which is easier to use, and on which I can build my own visions without too much fuss. I should have it up and running by the end of the week.
  • Secured the US wholesale rights for a local jewelry company coming out with brilliant designs. I'll be able to sell them at retail and/or wholesale within the US market and anywhere else I want. I'll add that to my collection, which allows me to save money by not buying inventory.
  • Contacted a guy who makes these awesome rattan bags, hopefully I'll be able to photograph them and add them to the site, and sell them at retail price. (I'll negotiate for wholesale pricing).
  • Contacted a business development manager at Pasar Raya, which is a huge department store. They have beautiful stuff, and I want to see if I can start selling some of their stuff online.
My goal is to get product on the website, sell it online and ship it from Indonesia. In a couple of months when I have a better idea of the sales velocity, I'll ship to the states and have a fulfillment center take care of all that crap.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll update you guys when I've started. =D

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Sounds like a plan! Start small, build your product catalog, and work out the kinks as you go!

Glad to hear you're trying to get the ball rolling! Best of luck - we'll keep an eye out from here...